To improve the well-being of all citizens of Aotearoa New Zealand through a network of like-minded groups, by reducing the income inequalities that currently exist.
- We, the groups of this network, believe that we will enhance the efforts of our groups/organisations who are striving to improve the lives of all New Zealanders by working together under the banner of, ‘More equal societies are better for all’.
- We believe that income inequality plays a powerful role in adversely influencing other areas of social and economic well-being. Many other factors interact with income to affect people’s lives, but failing to address income inequality makes achieving progress in well-being, improving health, education and housing, reducing child poverty, and achieving gender and racial equality all harder and less likely to be effective.
- Our commitment to reducing income inequality is not about achieving total income equality. It is about closing the gap to a level that is not harmful to our overall well-being as a country.
STRATEGIC PLAN 2016-2019
An Aotearoa New Zealand where income inequality is significantly reduced
More equal societies are better for all
- To ensure that inequality is the primary concern of New Zealanders.
- To provide an effective network that assists members to carry out the kaupapa of the network and achieve their own goals that contribute to a reduction in inequality.
- To improve significantly public commitment towards reducing inequality
- Members have access to accurate and timely information, expertise and other resources that they may need to achieve the goals of the network.
- The number of members is increased to include as many as possible of those seeking to promote equality issues.
- Inequality is monitored as part of implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Aotearoa New Zealand.