New Zealand Health Strategy – consultation phase
The Ministry of Health is consulting on the draft update of the New Zealand Health Strategy until 4 December 2015.
The strategy is based on eight guiding principles, several of which have direct relevance to inequality:
- the best health and wellbeing possible for all New Zealanders throughout their lives
- an improvement in health status of those currently disadvantaged
- collaborative health promotion and disease and injury prevention by all sectors
- acknowledging the special relationship between Māori and the Crown under the Treaty of Waitangi
- timely and equitable access for all New Zealanders to a comprehensive range of health and disability services, regardless of ability to pay
- a high-performing system in which people have confidence
- active partnership with people and communities at all levels
- thinking beyond narrow definitions of health and collaborating with others to achieve wellbeing.
Have your say
You can submit feedback by:
- completing an online survey
- emailing your feedback to [email protected]
- posting your feedback to:
New Zealand Health Strategy Update Consultation
New Zealand Health Strategy Team
Ministry of Health
PO Box 5013
You may find the submission form helpful, although you’re not required to use it.